Re: ATA Raid on a Dual Boot (Win 2K and Linux [kernel 2.6])?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 04:40:22PM +0200, Stefan Muenkner wrote:
As far as I know, Linux should be seeing all the partitions made for the
"hardware" raid windows setup as being separate partitions on the two
hard disks (identical layout). So I should be able to mirror them using
sw-raid.

i would not be confident in having md over a fakeraid, sooner or later the fakeraid will overwrite one of the two md superblocks with the copy from the other disk, so if you really want to do this, you should use dmraid instead.

note, there is no bootloader which is yet able to boot from lvm over
dmraid, you will need a separate /stand for the moment.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@xxxxxxxxxx
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.