Re: Raid1 stalls during hotplug and Promise SATA TX4

skrald@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Can somebody help me decoding the behavior described below?

I have just bought a Promise SATA TX4 controler and runs software raid1 on
it. According to
   http://linux.yyz.us/sata/sata-status.html#tx2
libata should support hotplug on this card.

Now, when I mark all partitions on /dev/sdb as faulty and do a
   mdadm -r /dev/md0 /dev/sdb*
the disc disappears from the arrays just fine.

Now I unplug the disc without shutting down first (I have two icy dock
MB123 SK docking stations) which should work just fine according to the
above link.

The short answer is libata does not yet support hotplug.

Brad
-