Autodetection using RAID1 on externa USB2-HDs

Hello!

I am trying to use my external USB2.0 hd for  raid1 in my laptop, however autodetection does not work and I do not really know - but I have at least a theory.

What i did till now:
1.) set the partition-type of both partitiuons from 83 (Linux) to fd (Linux Raid Autodetection)
2.) mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=raid1 --reaid-devices=2 /dev/hda2 /dev/sda1

This works great on creation, I can watch with /proc/mdstat the syncing process, but if I reboot the autodetection does not work. I can see that linux-raid discovers an raid (on /dev/hda2) but something returns "-22" (have forgotten what exactly) - it seems that my usb-disc (/dev/sda1) is simply not known at raid-discovery-time.
Some seconds later I can see that the kernel disvcovers my usb-drive - so I think my theory could be right?

Is there a way to tell the kernel after boot where to find raid-arrays and howto handle them. Is that maybe possible with only a /boot partition and the reast on a mirrored "/" (root) partition.

Please help, I don't know any further :(

lg Clemens Eisserer