From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brad Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:57 AM
To: Alvin Oga
Cc: Andy Smith; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ext3 journal on software raid (was Re: PROBLEM: Kernel 2.6.10
crashing repeatedly and hard)

Alvin Oga wrote:

> 	for swap ... i personally don't see any reason to mirror
> 	swap partitions ...
> 		- once the system dies, ( power off ), all temp
> 		data is useless unless one continues from a coredump
> 		( from the same state as when it went down initially )

I beg to differ on this one. Having spend several weeks tracking down random
processes dying on a
machine that turned out to be a bad sector in the swap partition, I have had
great results by
running swap on a RAID-1. If you develop a bad sector in a non-mirrored
swap, bad things happen
indeterminately and can be a royal PITA to chase down. It's just a little
extra piece of mind.

Regards,
Brad
-