Re: mdadm can't start RAID0 volume after power failure

Phillipe

>Still, this is the first time that such a thing happens to me. What could be
the reason that >UUID would be changed ?

If I were a betting person, I would say that the mdadm.conf file was old, and
that you had created a new array since the time you made that conf file. And
you just didn't update the conf file.

As I'm sure you know, you don't need to use a conf file anyway to use mdadm.
That's what makes it so beautiful! All kinds of things -- like device ids --
can change on your system and mdadm just figures it out (provided you give it a
minimal amount of info, like the correct uuid!).

Glad to help :)
Andy Liebman
-