From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of comsatcat
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:29 AM
To: Guy
Cc: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Busted disks caused healthy ones to fail

The two disks that were actually dead were both on a different bus.  The
OS disk that died was on scsi0.

Is there a way around this behavior (ie: kernel params that can be
adjusted such as timeout values and queuing)?  It never really recovered
correctly after the disks died, a manual reboot as required.
Applications which were using the failed devices would hang forever (I'm
assuming they were waiting for queued commands to complete).

IDE: not in use
Power: 14 internal drives, no external
Temp: fust fine
Kids: Upstairs taking tech calls.