From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Stumpf
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:46 PM
To: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2 drive dropout (and raid 5), simultaneous, after 3 years

No idea what failure is occuring.  Your dd test, run from begin to end
of each drive, completed fine.  Smartd had no info to report.

The fdisk weirdness was operator error; the /dev/sd* block nodes were
missing (forgotten detail on age old upgrade).  Fixed with mknod.

So, I forced mdadm to assemble and it is reconstructing now.
Troublesome, though, that 2 drives fail at once like this.  I think I
should separate them to different raid-5s, just incase.