Re: read-balancing not working in 2.6?

On Monday November 29, perbu@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We have a busy mailserver with the mail-spool on MD (raid1, consisting
> of sda and sdb, ext3 w/data=journal noatime nodiratime, 2.6.6,
> Debian Woody). The read-balancing does not seem to work properly.

The array wasn't resyncing at the time was it?
I ask partly because resyncing substantially reduces the opportunities
for read-balance (it will only read balance parts of the array that
are known to  be in-sync) and partly because the amount of read
traffic to sdb seems to start picking up at the end of your log.

If you can confirm that it wasn't resyncing, I will look into it.

Thanks,
NeilBrown
-