From: Alvin Oga [mailto:aoga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 1:29 PM
To: Guy
Cc: 'Alvin Oga'; 'Gordon Henderson'; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Good news / bad news - The joys of RAID - backups

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Guy wrote:

> If this is a business, in case of a fire (or other disaster) you should
have
> off-site storage of your data.  And often, daily is good, weekly is ok.

"disks" is offsite nowdays ... remember them colo's ??
and/or mom's house :-)

> Depends on how much data you can afford to lose.

i dont know too many business or people that do daily offsite backup

and very very few mid-size biz that does offsite ..

let alone whether it is full or incremental backups

as long as some manager signed the dotted line ..
its their call how they want to spend their backup $$$
and it ... and with or without raid ..etc.etc..etc..

> I give my mom a box of tapes about twice a year.  :)
> I can't believe I said that!  So embarrassing.

good to learn "young" :-)

c ya
alvin

-