Re: Poor RAID5 performance on new SMP system

> I was a big AMD fan prior to this, as the bang for the buck is way
> better, but the time, money and effort wasted left a bad taste.

folks, this is long-spilt milk.  yes, the Athlon was a good competitor
to the PIII, but AMD took a long time to respond when Intel got its
act together with the P4/xeon/i7500/etc.  it's all water under the
southbridge, please don't beat the nice dead horse, move along nothing
to see, this parrot is dead.

opterons make really quite excellent servers, certainly as good as
anything from Intel, possibly better.  no performance problems, and
plenty stable (chalk it up to an integrated heat spreader?)  it *would*
be nice to start seeing opteron server boards with pci-e, though...
(a dual-opteron is just crying out for a pci-e tunnel off each cpu!)

-