RE: linux/raid problem, linux not recognizing bios raid

This is just a guess....

Since the MB has RAID drivers that are required to install XP (if using
RAID).  I think the RAID would also require drivers for Linux.  And since
you see both disks, I bet the RAID system is really a software RAID.  But
just a guess.  The downloads section from ABIT don't list Linux at all.

Some RAID cards are really software RAID and require drivers that contain
the RAID software.  This is not the same as using the software RAID built-in
to Linux.

I have never had a fake hardware RAID system before, but I have read about
them on this list.

I hope I am wrong, else you got F'd.

Guy