Re: kernel 2.6.8.1 & HPT370 RAID 1 array

I'm not certain but your problem could very well be that the device
names for SATA devices are different under 2.4.x kernels making your
fstab invalid.

My understanding is 2.4 uses different code for SATA support than 2.6
does and they assign different device names. 2.6 uses libata and 2.4
uses ... ? The matter is futher complicated by the fact that libata has
been recently backported to 2.4.27.

I have recently been trying to get some clarity on this issue myself so
hopefully others on this list can shed some light on it.

John

-