kernel 2.6.8.1 & HPT370 RAID 1 array

Hi to everybody,

	I have some questions and maybe somebody here on the list can solve my
problem. I'm not subscribed to the list so please e-mail me.
I have been using Slackware 10 with the ataraid.i kernel and it works
ok. Now I would like to upgrade to the slackware kernel 2.6.8.1
provided in the /testing directory , which has compilled in some
support for hpt370 , but I cant boot with it.
I have two disks in RAID1 and here is my lilo.conf and fstab

# LILO configuration file
# generated by 'liloconfig'
#
# Start LILO global section
lba32 # Allow booting past 1024th cylinder with a recent BIOS
boot = /dev/ataraid/d0
#boot = /dev/hde
#compact # faster, but won't work on all systems.
prompt
timeout = 50
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256
#vga = 773
# Normal VGA console
# vga = normal
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k
# vga=791
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x32k
# vga=790
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256
# vga=773
# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x64k
# vga=788
# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x32k
# vga=787
# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x256
# vga=771
# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x64k
# vga=785
# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x32k
# vga=784
# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x256
# vga=769
# ramdisk = 0 # paranoia setting
# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins
delay = 50
default = linux-26
image = /boot/vmlinuz
root = /dev/ataraid/d0p3
label = linux
read-only # Non-UMSDOS filesystems should be mounted read-only for
checking
#
image = /boot/vmlinuz-generic-2.6.8.1
root = /dev/ataraid/d0p3
label = linux-26
initrd = /boot/initrd-2.6.8.1.gz
read-only
# Linux bootable partition config ends

And fstab:

root@server:~# cat /etc/fstab
/dev/ataraid/d0p1 swap             swap        defaults         0   0
/dev/ataraid/d0p3 /                reiserfs    defaults         1   1
/dev/ataraid/d0p2 /boot            reiserfs    defaults         1   2
/dev/ataraid/d0p4 /home            reiserfs    defaults         1   2
/dev/cdrom       /mnt/cdrom       iso9660     noauto,owner,ro  0   0
/dev/fd0         /mnt/floppy      auto        noauto,owner     0   0
devpts           /dev/pts         devpts      gid=5,mode=620   0   0
proc             /proc            proc        defaults         0   0
none            /sys            sysfs           defaults        0   0

So when I boot from the 2.6.8.1 kernel, it stops with kernel panic
VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(114,3)

If somebody can enlighten me I would really apreciate it.

Thanks for your time and best regards.
--
Sasa Ostrouska <sasa.ostrouska@xxxxxxxxx>

-