Re: SuSE Linux cluster using MC/ServiceGuard --- shared storage

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 06:28:46AM -0700, Biju A wrote:
Hi,

In a Linux cluster setup, I have some issues.

I am trying to use 'md' driver in Linux for multipath
to shared storage with Enterprise Virtual Array 3000
(EVA 3000)

i believe someone from HP already stated in this list that md driver (multipath) does not work with EVA, i guess do to issues with preferred path.

Do I still need to use the Driver Patch for EVA
Controller Failover?
i believe using the qlogic driver failover is a viable solutio, another
is purchasing securepath from HP. but i believe there were issues using
securepath and lvm together.

The MC/SG spec says that 'md' driver should not be
active at the same time on both the cluster nodes. So,
I am not using the 'fd' type of partition which starts
the arrays at boot time. I just use the default 83
type.

Is there any specific need to update to 2.6 kernel in
order to support LVM 2?

i don't know if that is supported by either hp or suse.

The kernel version of the O/S in the cluster nodes is
2.4.19 which contains lvm 1.0.5-51. It does not
support 'pvremove' and probably the tool 'mkraid' does
have some bugs. No idea if there are fixes for the
same. Is it better to use 'mdadm'?

i do personallu prefer mdadm to mkraid.

Any hints/suggestions would be appreciated.
also try asking in the hp itrc forums.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@xxxxxxxxxx