RE: disk testing

It occurs to me that I should include the errors that were in dmesg:

raid5: switching cache buffer size, 1024 --> 4096
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.19, 19 August 2002 on md(9,1), internal journal
scsi0: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Request Sense 00 00 00 40 00
Current sd0b:00: sense key Medium Error
Additional sense indicates Unrecovered read error
 I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 7985264
scsi1: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Read (10) 00 0b 01 8c 2f 00 00 c8 00
Current sd08:01: sense key Medium Error
Additional sense indicates Unrecovered read error - auto reallocate failed
 I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 184650736
raid5: Disk failure on sda1, disabling device. Operation continuing on 2 devices
raid5: parity resync was not fully finished, restarting next time.
md: recovery thread got woken up ...
md: updating md1 RAID superblock on device
md: sdc1 [events: 00000004]<6>(write) sdc1's sb offset: 244195904
md: sdb1 [events: 00000004]<6>(write) sdb1's sb offset: 244195904
md: (skipping faulty sda1 )
md1: no spare disk to reconstruct array! -- continuing in degraded mode
md: recovery thread finished ...
md: md_do_sync() got signal ... exiting
raid5: resync aborted!

Thanks, Harry