Re: Concatenation with redundancy

I think that this would be the answer to many private ops' motivation to RAID. With the newer motherboards, unplugging the drive power and a CMOS tweak, the destination drive would be on a completely different life-cycle. Of course, the reboot would be a "bad thing" in a "production" system.

b-

Bob Hillegas wrote:

How about an option to create a one-time RAID1 mirror on top of existing raid structure? What it really is, is a backup. Install necessary drives, trigger mirroring, remove drives, and array goes back to previous state without additional mirror.

Beats backing up multi-tera-bytes to floppies. :-)

BobH