Re: filesystem corruption with RAID6.

Terje Kvernes wrote:
"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Terje Kvernes wrote:

ouch.  and RAID that can't be written to in degraded mode is
somewhat impractical for production use.  ;-) is there anything I
can do to help?  otherwise, I'll fall back to RAID5 and prepare
the box for production.

Unless you want to try to help hunt down the bug, not much.

  hm, so how do I help?  :-)

Dig into the code and try to figure out what is happening. My best guess at this point is that a block which is dirty isn't getting marked as such, and therefore isn't getting correctly written back, but it could also be that it tries to reconstruct a block before it actually has all the blocks that it needs to do the reconstruction correctly.

	-hpa
-