Re: filesystem corruption with RAID6.

Jim Paris wrote:
I've recently started testing RAID6

..

 I get a lot of I/O errors while reading from the recently
 populated filesystem.  I've removed the LVs, tested different
 filesystems (ext3, reiserfs) but the errors always show in the
 same way.

The RAID6 code has problems.  The author, H. Peter Anvin, has verified
this corruption, but there's no fix available yet.

-jim

Note: the corruption Jim found and which I have confirmed are only when doing large number of writes to a filesystem in degraded mode. If you see something different, please let me know. It would definitely help tracking this down.

The bug is elusive enough that it's difficult :-/

	-hpa

-