From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of M K
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 8:06 PM
To: James Bamford; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Raid 5: Lossless music archive server recommendations

I may be wrong, but do bear in mind that its not easy
to "expand" a RAID once you have created it. More or
less, when you need more space in the future, you may
just find it easier to create another big raid.
 also, IDE drives are not very reliable per-se. so you
may want to add another "hot-spare" to your system,
just in case more than one hard drive says bye-bye.
.. just my $0.02 of thought..