3ware 7506-8 and Tyan Thunder 2500, S1867, anyone?

Has anyone gotten this combination to work?
I cannot.
I get BLANK video, NO BIOS screens, NOTHING, whenever I have the 3ware
card installed.
I am using a Creative TNT2Ultra AGP video card.  I have tried ALL 6 PCI slots,
I have tried myrid array of BIOS settings.
I have even tried a PCI video card, ALL to same effect, NO VIDEO w/ the
3ware card installed.
I finally installed this card in a DEC Alpha PC164SX mb, I then get video
w/ the 3ware card installed!
Sigh...
I'm wondering now, can this card be used successfully on the Alpha mb?  If
so, I guess I will go that route and try Gentoo.
I am being told from Tyan that these 3ware cards were all built out of
PCI spec, a known standing problem.  Anyone know about that?

-