Re: Hard drive Reliability?

Robin Bowes wrote:

I've just bought 6 of their 250GB SATA Maxline Plus II drives. I'll be building them
into a Coolermaster case with a couple of fans blowing over them (three drives per fan)
and running them off Promise SATA150 TX4 controllers with software Raid.

I'll let you know how I get on. (expect lots of questions here when I start trying to
build the arrays!

I have 10 of the above drives with 3 of the above controllers in a Software Raid-5, if you have any questions give me a yell :p)

For those looking for great SATA hotswap bays with good cooling, I have 2 of these. Besides being a bit on the noisy side, they keep the drives very cool and the added airflow inside the case keeps everything else cool too!

http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/mobilerack/CSE-M35T-1.cfm

Regards,
Brad
-