Re: reconf raid

On Thursday May 20, ganja@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello, I have just joined this list and made some reading.
> What I am looking for is a way to add new hard drives to my raid5 made
> with mdadm. If have got it right it's not supported, and it's taking
> some time though people wants to do it in the kernel and not the way
> raidtools-reconf does it, fully understandable (even though I would like
> to do it offline).

You can use raidreconfig (or whatever it is called) from raidtools to
reconfigure an array built with mdadm.  The arrays built by mdadm are
just the same as those built by mkraid - it is just a different tool
with a different interface.

> So my question is, is there any timeplan for this functionallity? Can I
> expect to be able to resize my raid5 before winter?

There is no timeplan for anything.  It gets done when it gets done,
depending entirely on who is motivated, how much, how clever they are,
how busy they are, and things like that.

NeilBrown