Re: Please review: Slackware RAID How-To

John, I've had a chance to review the Slackware RAID How-to, which I
used to help build a RAID1 array with two disks under Slackware 9.1.

Building the arrays went like a dream, I don't know why I never thought
of doing it this way before, rather than trying to work with degraded
arrays etc after the OS was already installed.

I had some initial problems loading software, I kept getting disk full
messages, but I think that was an installer script issue: it doesn't
seem very tolerant of option changes being made, and there is often no
going back if you make a wrong selection.

Anyway, I built the arrays and installed the OS, but can't get LILO
figured out. No matter whether I try to use automatic or expert mode, I
can't install LILO to either the MBR or /boot. So I never get a bootable
system at the end of the process.

I've read the lilo and lilo.conf man pages to try a find out what my
lilo.conf file should look like and what files should be where (eg
vmLinuz etc), but they're not much use to someone new to this.

--
Ninti Systems: Smart IT Solutions