From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arnab Chowdry
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 6:27 PM
To: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: mkraid hangs system

>you could dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/your/disk,

Oddly enough, dd hangs as well. I guess that means it's not a RAID problem.
Very strange though, and I don't have a good intuition about why it's
happening.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hde
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdg
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdi
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdk

All of the above hang the system after a few seconds. I'm sorry is this is
now off-topic, but maybe some of you experts have some intuition about why
this might happen? All four of the drives can't have "gone bad" or
something.

-Arnab

-

-