remove 'spare' mark on drive

Looks like it's a good place to ask. Didn't noticed my question answered in FAQ.

Software IDE RAID-5 (non-root/boot) with 3 drives.
Array worked properly until one ide-drive came offline. Array started to work in 'degraded' mode. I tryied removing/readding the faulty drive and got it back to the array. Everything works fine for two weeks. Now the drive came offline again (surprise-surprise :).
Did some manipulations with raid-tools, like adding/removing drive from the raid, marking faulty and such, have no success.

Here comes the problem:
Initializing the array with raid-tools gives me the following: not enough operational devices for md0
Initializing the array with mdadm gives a little more info: /dev/md0 assembled from 1 drive and 2 spares.

So i suppose that i should do "something" to remove spare mark from 2 drives because they were part of an array and i hope my manipulations did not destroyed them :). Just need to reconstruct the array with old drives.

/proc/mdstat:
Personalities : [raid5]
read_ahead not set
md0 : inactive hdc1[1] hdb[4] hdd[3]