Raidtools-1.00.3

G'day all,

From what I gather, the idea is to let the old raidtools just die and move over to mdadm for raid maintenance?

I'm just wondering as raidreconf relies pretty heavily at the moment on some of the raidtools infrastructure and I'm wondering what to do long term.
I have added raid-6 support to raidtools and updated it to work with kernel 2.6 and LBD, but if the long term plan is to let it bitrot then perhaps I'd be better looking at migrating raidreconf to some other framework and try to make it use mdadm for the low level stuff.

Ideas or suggestions?

As an aside, I successfully reconfigured a 7 disk 1.4TB raid-5 to a 10 disk 2.1TB raid 5 last week. It took a little over 21 hours to do the reconf and 9 hours to do a resync, but it all came up great.

I did have a full backup of the entire array, so of course Murphy took a hike. I'm sure had I not had a backup it would have gone pear shaped :p)

Blessed are the pessimists, for they make the backups.

Regards,
Brad
-