Re: RAID5 temperorary loss two disk

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Don Jessup wrote:
> I have RAID5 volume that has two disk that have been marked as failed.
> I believe this happen do to loss of communication with the disk. NOT
> because of a total disk failure. I assume if I can get the superblocks
> back into a good state I can reassemble the RAID5 and try to read what
> data I can off the volume. Does anyone know how to force RAID5
> superblocks into a state so I can do reads from the volume? I really
> need help on this. By the way the kernel version is 2.4.22.

mdadm has a --force option to the assemble command which I have used to
recover from a similar situation.  Don't forget to fsck the volume
afterwards, though, since it will have bad data on it.

            Daniel

--
The Believer had better face himself and ask squarely: Do I literally
believe "God" has a penis? If the answer is no, then it seems only

-