Re: Bug in multipath code (Linux 2.6.x) ?

On Thursday 08 April 2004 00:37, Neil Brown wrote:

> It wouldn't surprise me if there was a bug in the multipath code.
> I have no hardware to test it on and little interest in it.  I'm happy
> to fix obvious bugs and I try not to break it with other changes in
> md, but beyond that I just leave it alone.

Understandable. Maybe the Linux SAN-Alliance should sponsor you a couple of
HBAs and a JBOD... ;-)

> I can do a simple test using two loopback devices on the same file as
> the two paths and that seems to work OK, so there is probably some
> interesting interaction with your particular hardware and it's driver.

Yes, that could get messy: FC-HBA <-> SCSI layer <-> MD driver

> So, if you can get good error messages and try to figure out what is
> actually happening, then I'm happy to look at fixing it, but without
> lots of details, there isn't much I can do.

I'll get you the correct error messages next week and i will try to work my
way through the multipath code to understand what it's doing. Unfortunately
it some years since i did serious work on the kernel internals, so i will
most likely need to get a feel of what's changed.

Regards,
  Dominik Kubla
-