RE: /boot RAID1

Yes, I've used RedHat for a few years and still like RH9.0 as a desktop
machine. I could set RAID up easily on RedHat but I never really
understood anything much about it, and especially how to manage, tweak,
fix or monitor it later on.

I've tried several distros out as the basis of a server project I'm
working on and have found Slackware 9.1 to be the best all-round
solution in terms of speed, stability and *overall* simplicity.

I'm comfortable on the command line (the server has no GUI) and am
actually keen to learn how to use the command line tools. When I get the
process right, I'll simply script it as much as possible.

:-)

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 12:36, Guy wrote:
> I can't answer your question, but...
>
> RedHat 9.0 makes it real easy to configure RAID during the install.
> You can also configure LVM during the install if you want.
> So, no need to do these post-install things you now need to do.
> I am using RedHat 9.0 myself.
>
> I bet RedHat's Fedora is as easy.
>
> Guy

Ninti Systems: Smart IT Solutions