Re: sbp2 logging out causing raid1 to fail

On Wednesday March 24, rcwelsh@med.umich.edu wrote:
> Neil,
>
> I am running kernel 2.4.25 which has the latest (1193) release of
> ieee1394 as far as I can tell by comparing kernel source to ieee1394
> branch.
>
> Anyway I have built a raid1 array with two 200 gig lacie fw800  drives
> using a lacie fw pci card (ohci compliant chip). The build went fine as
> did the resync. But then I started copying alot over and it died.
>
> >From what I can gather in the log files it looks like sbp2 is logging
> out of one of the drives when then manifests as a drive failure - which
> it in a way is.
>
> I did see that you had made change in 1016 of sbp2 to allow a second to
> log back in after a bus reset. But what is causing this to actually log
> out and is there a way to prevent?

I'm afraid I cannot help you.  I have never dealt with firewire.

This looks like a firewire problem.  It is returning an error so raid
is failing the drive. I don't know what is causing the error, whether
it should be fixed, and if so, how.

Maybe you should ask on a fire-wire related list, or on linux-kernel.

NeilBrown
-