Re: New RAID array syncs very slow

This turned out to be really helpful. While investigating why one of the drives had so much lower numbers than the others using the test you suggested, I discovered a bent down pin in the cable socket. After fixing , the stats popped back up to the other drives' levels, and the estimated sync time on the 1.3 Duron box dropped to around 4 hours. I moved all the hardware back to the original P3-450 box, made sure DMA was enabled, and the sync time was now only 8 hours vs 91. A huge improvement and a livable time period. I was surprised at the difference in sync time between the two boxes. Almost double on the P3-450 over the 1.3 Duron.