RE: Adaptec aacraid

Yes, the backup copy of the initrd is still around, but admittedly the
original aacraid.o modules in the /lib/modules tree are blown away. We
can address this perhaps, by backing up the modules and adding in an
uninstall.sh script to the rpm.

There was much consternation over the rpm's install.sh script. It has to
please too many people.

	rpm --noscripts

-or-

	rpm2cpio

were viewed as the technologically paranoid's way of getting around
this. For the OEMS, technical support, neophytes and those hoping for
plug-n-play, we were requested to make sure all the drivers on the
system were synchronized and up-to-date. This includes *ghasp* a
requirement to also update any trees we find in /lib/modules *even* if
they are not referenced in the boot (grub or lilo) configurations.

Yes, this is functionally similar to a statement `Adaptec knows what is
best for you'. For that I apologize, but you do have a means around all
of this should you feel uncomfortable.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn