Is data on a `failed-disk' secure after a reboot? (raid1)

Hi!

I have set up a raid1 on our server with hda and hdc, but the partitions
of hda are marked as failed-disk in /etc/raidtab.
Then I did mkraid all the devices, mke2fs (-j) and copied all the files.
This worked all very well.

Now: What will happen when I reboot?

Using the persistent superblock option will linux (2.4.25) start syncing
hdc onto hda or will it treat hda still as failed-disk?

I will/would reboot with lilo options
        root=/dev/md0
but the kernel is on hda1 (for now, until hda is added to the raid)

Reason for the question: I want to run several tests before completely
switching and want to be able to go back to normal hda behaviour.

In case you need these data:
linux-2.4.25 (self compiled)
debian/woody
raidtools2 0.90.20010914-15
(no I am not using mdadm ATM, because all the howtos were written for
raidtools. I will switch to mdadm, lateron)

Please Cc: me any answer, thanks a lot.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien