Re: 3ware escalade vs software raid, from a different jeff

Greetings Holger,

From: Holger Kiehl <Holger.Kiehl@dwd.de>
Subject: Re: 3ware escalade vs software raid, from a different jeff
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:49:09 +0000 (GMT)

I have a system running for nearly three years distributing some 2.3 million
files with 200GB daily. This is with linux software raid and have encountered
absolutly no problems. During the same period another system (not linux) with
a similar workload but with hardware raid has failed twice, once makeing
all data useless.

I am curious as to which filesystem you are using on that server. I've asked questions on other
mailing lists before regarding journaling filesystems but it's always interesting to see how people
are using them in real-life scenarios. Currently I'm trying to choose between Reiser and XFS.

Kind Regards,
Jeff Gray: the "other" Jeff ;)