RE: Software Raid 1 data corruptions..

ok sorry... i read that as a controller via the motherboard (as in onboard)
..

Its quite an old machine as i said p3 450 .. as such i am not sure on the
motherboard.. been a good few years since i brought it... TI6NB+ is written
on the MB, i think this is by TMC.. google throws up this manual for it

http://www.mycomp.com.tw/manual/ti6nbp11.pdf

It says

Chipset
Intel 82440BX or VIA Apollo Pro Plus (82C693)

I can see an intel chip on the motherboard.. PCI chip i think its called or
ACI.. its not easily readable...

i just sat watching memtest and i'm pretty sure it reported 440BX or
something similar in its list i can test that again but currently the
computer is offline after leaving it on all the time..

I appreciate your cander in saying that it could basically be unsolvable
with this hardware.. but its kind of frustrating.. what exactly is wrong
with via, sis, ali sets... (and what is the acronymn sw for?).. in the other
reply to my posts someone else said there are loads and loads of ide raid
setups out there... those types you talk about must surely cater for a huge
share of the market..

Anyways ok.. so its unsolvable at the moment... linux in general is just not
going to work on this hardware? not in this way anyways... not sure what to
do now..

Thanks

James

-