RAID 10 and Persistent Superblock

A "simple" question regarding RAID 10. When I make a RAID 0 on top of three
RAID 1 arrays, should I use "persistent superblock = 1" in that top level
array? Won't that confuse the RAID software by putting two different UUIDs on the
drives -- one for the RAID 1 arrays and one for the RAID 0 array?

As long as I have UUIDs for the three lower level RAID 1 arrays, I should be
able to start those arrays with mdadm even if my device ids change.

Then shouldn't I be able to start the top level array without a UUID -- just
by referring to the mdX numbers? In other words, if md0, md1, md2 start, there
shouldn't be any confusion about which are the correct devices to start up
md3. Or am I missing something?

Appreciate your answers.

Andy Liebman
-