RE: raid0 and iscsi

Hello Neil,

Thanks for the reply.

I was working on the internet scsi(iscsi drivers provided by intel) and
software
raid configuration for my thesis in Storage Area Network.

The problems right now i am facing is
1> For a local disk write  for 512 mb in DELL 1.2 Ghz it takes me 1 min.
2> For a single iscsi device write, the transfer of data takes place at
4000 bytes/sec.
2> For raid configuration, the rate is pretty slow ( 40 bytes/sec).
One thing i have observe is that write to one of the device( from a total of 2
device)  takes for few minutes and then stop.

I was trying to figure what routines in the operating system code, I might
need
to look into to understand a problem if there is one.

 Some more problems.
If one of the network comes down, the mkfs for the raid , hangs.

>A raid0 array can be made of a number of drives of differing sizes.
>To accomodate this we divide the address space into several blocks.
>The first block is striped across all drives to the size of the
>smallest.  The next block is striped across the remaining drives to
>the size of the next smallest, etc.

Is there a relation between chunk size and block size of raid. Is this similar
to buffer size( write(fd,&buffer,buffer_size) and block size of filesystem.

-Jay

-