recovery question?

I have a raid1 with two disks /dev/hda and /dev/hdc ... three md devices
/dev/md0 made up of hda1 and hdc1
/dev/md1 made up of hda2 and hdc2
/dev/md2 made up of hda3 and hdc3

--I accidently formatted hda1 using #mke2fs -vj /dev/hda1 ... bonehead move number 1
--then I booted from a backup drive and resynced the raid
--when I tried to boot from the /dev/md0 I couldn't boot because of filesystem errors
--so then I ran e2fsck /dev/md0 and several errors were noted and fixed.. I didn't write down the error messages because I was too harried, bonehead move number 2, however I think the errors were files without inodes... the errors were fixed and a bunch of files and directories were put in lost&found ... mostly they were a recently installed phpmyadmin directory in /var/www/html/phpmyadmin and the only other file I've found missing so far is /usr/bin/info..
--I am curious what happened.. did the format remove the superblock and resyncing rewrote the superblock using the inodes for these files?
any info would be appreciated

Scott Kopel
English Department, FSU
Mail Code 1580