Re: Tecs informations about Software RAID on Linux

Leonardo,

> Where can I find tecs informations about Software RAID
> on Linux. I need to know how RAID stores blocks on
> discks and how parity is granted.
>
> Where can I find it???

I have a small web page that describes the relative location of RAID
segments in a RAID-5 array, for the four different Linux RAID-5 algorithms
(right/left synchronous/asynchronous).

http://www.accs.com/p_and_p/RAID/LinuxRAID.html

Some information on how the parity is maintained is on a related page I
have.  This information is in the RAID-4 section, but the parity
generation is the same for RAID-4 and RAID-5.

http://www.accs.com/p_and_p/RAID/BasicRAID.html

That's two pieces of the puzzle.  Is that enough?

Good luck.
				Peter Ashford

-