Re: RAID 1 cannot boot (using grub)

Hello!
Maybe you forgot to setup grub anew on hda:
After adding /dev/hda1 to /dev/md1 (/boot)
you have to setup grub for hda1 again, because
the boot files to be anchored within the MBR are now
located at positions different from /dev/sda1.
To save your system try this:
Boot from CDROM,
wait for /dev/md1 to be mirrored
and stup grub for /dev/hda (i.e. the first disk):

mount /dev/md1 /boot
grub
root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)