Re: Software RAID level 1 issue

The problem I see and I believe I've had is when the box starts to boot
up the system hangs durring the init script runs (pre-runlevel 3).  At
these times my system is busy hammering my raid arrays and will finally
continue on to run level 3 once things are synced up.

Thus spake Stef Telford (stef@chronozon.artofdns.com):

> Paul Clements wrote:
> > Stef Telford wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > during resync's on raid-1 the mirror will not be available.
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand this. md/raid1 devices are accessible while
> > resync is occurring...albeit with lower I/O throughput since the resync
> > is consuming bandwidth.
> >

> The way i read the original posters question was
> that he/she was trying to restart the faulted
> 'device', or rather was trying to re-activate the
> broken md device whilst the working copy was trying to
> rebuild it. accessing the working copy should work, but
> not the broken md (unless i have seriously misread
> someplace :). Under raid5 or raid10, you can still
> access the broken md during a resync/rebuild, this
> was what i thought the person was trying to do.
>
> apologies if i misunderstood the original phrasing :)
>
> regards
> Stef Telford <stef@chronozon.artofdns.com>
>
> -

:wq!