removing RAID 1 from a RH 7.1 box

HI,

I have a RH 7.1 box with a Software RAID 1 setup.  I am trying to
upgrade the box to RH 9 using RH upgrade feature.  When
I boot the system off the CD-ROM all works well until I try to upgrade.
The system tells me that it "cannot find a valid RH
installation."  It does not see the /dev/md/0 structure.  I have tried
various boot prompt command, but to no avail.  Does
anyone know a way around this?

Or, does any one know how to remove the RAID 1 setup from my system.  I
followed the example for the the "Software RAID HOWTO" and it worked
fine the first time.  Now, it looks like I may have to reverse it, but
I don't know how.

TIA

--
Trevor Morrison