Re: mdadm never notify, grub cause fault

Farkas Levente <lfarkas@bnap.hu> wrote:

> /etc/mdadm.conf:
> --------------------------
> DEVICE /dev/hd[ac]1
> ARRAY /dev/md0 UUID=a64f771d:9934a60a:39c1483d:2f4a9138
> MAILADDR root@bnap.hu
> --------------------------
> we assume if we run:
> /sbin/mdadm --monitor --scan --daemonise > /var/run/mdadm
> than we'll get a notification in this case. unfortunately we didn't get
> any notice! even when I stop this monitor and start it again we still
> didn't got any email. do mdadm periodicaly send the notification? or it

I also ran into this problem. I found the reason when I started mdadm
without '--daemonize': It tries to use '/usr/lib/sendmail' whereas most
recent distributions have sendmail (or it's replacement) in /usr/sbin.
So just create a link from /usr/sbin/sendmail to /usr/lib/sendmail and it
should work.

> send only once and if it fails for some reason we never get notified?
> I'd like to get notification about it! even in every minutes. or is
> there any other way to check the state in every hour?

Mdadm will sent only one mail per event. If you want to have a periodic
notification I think you will have to write your own script that checks
/proc/mdstat.

Concerning your problem with hdc, it might be a bad cabling. Have you
checked this?

Regards,
Juri

--