From: Sean Kormilo [mailto:skormilo@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 11:31 AM
To: Vicky Gonzalez
Subject: Re: Ways to query RAID status

Vicky,

It depends upon what you are trying to monitor, and how you are trying
to monitor it.

You have the following basic options:
1) /proc/mdstat
2) mdadm (from Neil Brown - should be many references to it on the
mailing list archives)
3) ioctl (if you want to query from a C program)

The ioctl interface is missing the ability to query raid rebuild status.
If that is something  which interests you, let me know as I created a
small patch to add a new ioctl to query raid rebuild information.

Sean.

Are the other ways to query the status of the RAID other than from querying the /proc/mdstat file? If I should ask a different list or need to look through the archives first , could someone please point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks!
~Vicky -