Re: cluster raid

Miguel,

My company (MontaVista software) is funding me to work on a solution for this for some time. It requires node-node communication/membership/locking/master failover and hence a cluster manager. I am nearing completion of the cluster manager currently, and then will work on the cluster services required to support md. I'll post to this list once I have something working that I can open source.

You cannot currently have two devices open on multiple nodes. It is possible to use RAIDs in shared storage where each node only opens up "its" assigned RAID devices. This can be enforced by RAID locking (see the list for a patch for this technique). I have a patch which locks based upon geographical address/slot#, fibrechannel WWN, scsi host # but I have not had time to make this available and there wasn't a big response when I posted the original patch.

Thanks
-steve

Miguel Biscaia wrote:

Hello,
At my company we are implementing a shared disk database arquitecture for
telecom call processing, based on Linux. I would like to use MD devices,
although I´m not aware if the MD devices can be configured and started in
cluster environments. Is it possible? In which kernel version?

Thanks in advance.
-