Re: Reduce Timeout on Disk Failure

If this is patched, I hope it is also put into a 2.2 update.  When a
SW raid is running, a couple of I/O retries might be reasonable, but
not heroic recovery attempts that would make good sense in a
single-disk environment.

We did a simple test of powering down an IDE drive that was part of an
(idle) SW raid, then trying to access the filesystem, and the system
just locked up.  Maybe it would have eventually come back to life - I
dunno.

For the curious, we haven't upgraded to 2.4x because whenever I check
the kernel traffic page, it seems there are still important bugs being
found and corrected - ones we don't want to experience in a production
setup.

Jim

-