RE: XP RAID vs md

I'm not sure if this is true on XP, but on Win2K the only software RAID available is 0, 1, and 5.  You cannot combine already-created software RAID devices to create RAID10, or RAID50 arrays for instance.  This type of array is very easy with Linux software RAID.

So if all that you want is simple arrays, XP would be fine, but for database servers that need both redundancy and performance, XP software RAID would probably not work for you.

My 2¢
Andy.

-