Re: "failed-disk" ?

  I'm trying to rebuild a system with a non-mirrored root.  I
intentionally killed /dev/sda by yanking it (hotswap disk) and let the
machine croak.  I put the replacement disk in and rebooted, rebuilt (we
have a system similar to jumpstart that makes this very fast and clean).

  I'm at the point of trying to restart /dev/md0 with one mirror dead.
My raidtab looks like this:

raiddev /dev/md0
  raid-level 1
  nr-raid-disks 2
  nr-spare-disks 0
  chunk-size 16
  persistent-superblock 1
  device /dev/lvm-vg1/lvm1
  raid-disk 0
  device /dev/lvm-vg2/lvm2
  raid-disk 1

I changed the first raid-disk line to be:
  failed-disk 0

and then tried:

root@rharris-build2.acs:~# raidstart /dev/md0
/dev/md0: Invalid argument
md: could not lock [dev 9e:0e], zero-size? Marking faulty.
md: could not import [dev 9e:0e]!
md: autostart [dev 9e:0e] failed!

At this point /dev/lvm-vg1/lvm1 doesn't exist and will need to be
rebuilt but I'd like to get the machine up and running with /dev/md0
intact.

Any idea what's wrong here?

Robert

Thus spake danci@agenda.si (danci@agenda.si):