Re: I just trashed my RAID5 array - recovery possible?

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 01:22:27PM +0100, Wolfram Schlich wrote:
> I've put up the logfile of fsck at
> http://wolfram.schlich.org/tmp/fsck.log.1
> I have no idea whether this is an "uncomfortable large amount of
> damage", so would you mind having a look at it? :-) TIA!

That's a pretty huge amount of damage.  If fsck is able to fix it
without trashing data, then it doesn't matter.  I missed how big your
array was, but if you have the resources to make an image of the raw
devices, I'd definately reccomend you do so:

# cat /dev/hdx > /some/path/with/lots/of/space/hdx.img

This will let you restore your disks and try again.  At any rate, good
luck with the data.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.
-