RE: Odd linux raid problems with debian testing.

Paul,

3 partitions need to be mirrored for a root disk to be truly redundant:
   root (your /dev/md0)
   boot (presumably /dev/md1, mounted as /boot)
   swap (perhaps /dev/md2)

The lilo.conf for these (once they boot ok), would have:
boot=/dev/md1
root=/dev/md0

Of course the partition types should be set to fd (Linux Raid) also.

See the Software-RAID-HOWTO from http://www.tldp.org/docs.html#howto
or http://scsirastools.sourceforge.net/docs/UserGuide section 4.0
for more information.

Andy